Green Globe has been specially designed for the travel and hospitality industry. The following organizations can join the Green Globe certificate:
Hotels & resorts I Meeting & congress locations I MICE organizers I Cruise ships I Offices I Restaurants I Spa and wellness centres I Transport I Tour operators and travel agencies I Golf parks I Amusement parks . The online audit system “Green Globe Solution Center” ensures a paperless process that is transparent and user-friendly.
The Green Globe certificate is based on:
- Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria (GSTC)
- Global Partnership for Sustainable Tourism Criteria (STC Partnership)
- Baseline Criteria of the Sustainable Tourism Certification Network of the Americas
- Agenda 21 and principles for Sustainable Development endorsed by 182 Governments at the United Nations Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit in 1992
- ISO 9001 / 14001 / 19011 (International Standard Organization)
RSI Group is an accredited Auditing body company and provides Green Globe auditing services, Audits are performed by a so-called ‘third-party’ independent auditor.
All auditors have followed the training.